Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless speed problem

Options
  • 28-01-2023 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I have a serious problem with my Internet connection. I've switched ISP and still no joy. I had SKY before a 6 or 7 mb connection. Now I currently have a 150 mb EIR connection. The problem is my connection keeps dropping down to mad slow speeds. For example I done a ISP speed test and get a result of 0.38 mbps download. Anytime its working ok its 20 odd mbps, Sometimes 50 odd mbps The most it does is in 70's and that's not very often Its mostly in the 20's plus I get the same on game consoles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭STEE

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

Sounds like provider line network congestion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

Network congestion on FTTH is rare, more likely its a line or router fault or a WiFi issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you able to test the speed using an ethernet cable connected to a computer?

How close to the router are you testing the speed via WiFi?

Advertisement