Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paypal debited my account

• 28-01-2023 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

hi everyone

Maybe some of you had similar issue and can enlighten me what can be done.

My bank card and bank account are connected to paypal.

On 30th of November last year I made 4 purchases using paypal. I got confirmation from seller of 4 orders.

I contacted paypal to see have the transactions gone through. I was informed on the chat that none of the transactions were successful. I was confused because seller confirmed the orders.

few days later, I went to my paypal account and saw that indeed paypal transactions were successful. so the agent was wrong

2 weeks later I got notification from paypal my account is in negative balance. I was surprised. I contacted them and paypal claims I owe them money for one of the transactions that didn't go through apparently from my bank. I contacted bank, got statement, and 4 approval codes for 4 transactions. 3 via my debit card and 1 from my credit card with clear name paypal on it.

Paypal refuses to accept the credit card statement claiming that this card was not used as it was out of expiry date.

But bank statement clearly says otherwise.

did anyone come across this before? did you get it sorted?

IS anyone here working for paypal and could assist with this?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Paypal do not have official agents operating on here. Even if somebody claims to work for them on here, I would not be engaging or passing any info on from a security point of view. Id stick with the official channel and try again and see if you can get a different agent.

Advertisement