Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth estates pyrite

Options
  • 28-01-2023 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello

I am looking at buying a property in Maynooth and was looking at castle dawson estate which seems very nice. The house I viewed has undergone remediation works for pyrite and has a certificate etc. I very much liked the property so not sure whether to be happy enough with the cert and move forward.

Just wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge of the estate/extent of the pyrite damage in the estate? And any other estates that this issue comes up in if known? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LOL yeah that's the only house in that estate with pyrite. Estate has been there for over 20 years, one house.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gkcf22

Oh that's bad luck there - were all the others houses tested? I was hoping to see if owners are happy with remediation works or not - having done some good research I think once a property has been remediated it should be totally fine as it's essentially rebuilt but finding it hard to decide given the general response I've gotten when I've mentioned it to people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Never heard of it in the estate, hence lack of response

Advertisement