Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Recommendation

Options
  • 29-01-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I have gone sale agreed on a house in Inchicore and I am looking for a solicitor - wondering would anyone have any recommendations for any good value ones? I have done a bit of homework and can see that the professional fees vary a lot, the best I can find currently is 1200 + VAT but then there are all the other fees between the land registry, commissioner fees etc.

If anyone knows of any that are good and a little more reasonable please let me know. I don't mind if they are outside of Dublin, as most of it is done remotely anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

To be honest I’m surprised you’re getting that figure. You won’t find cheaper. But a solicitor is an important role so don’t automatically go with the cheapest. Go on recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I agree 100%, sound like click and bait with a lot of hidden costs

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PSFarrell

Tbh that seems quite reasonable...am currently being charged 1400 plus charges and vat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭dennyk

That seems about standard for solicitor's fees. Always a little odd when someone making a complicated six-figure purchase balks at paying what is really a reasonable fee for a professional to make sure said six-figure purchase goes smoothly. I've even seen some folks moan about a ~€500 engineer's survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

I don’t get that either about the costs of engineers fees. It will be the best money you’ll spend. Our engineer told us do drains testing.

My solicitor wasn’t the cheapest but she did say I’ll find cheaper but she can only do so much in a day and she wants to ensure she can call clients back or respond to emails. And she always did and was on top of things. Again she was recommended to us and worth every cent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement