Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dining table finish

• 29-01-2023 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi,

Bought large dining table and 6 chairs that I would like to sand down and recoat. I am 90% sure it's oak.

Project will be used in household with small kids, so I am expecting loads of spills on the table.

What would you advise to apply on bare sanded wood? Polyurethane, hard wax oil or something else?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i recently used ronseal extra tough poly to redo a table for a neighbour - must check in with them. i was also recommended an acrylic finish, but they didn't have the one i was recommended in stock in MRCB so just went with the poly.

if you're in dublin, it might be worth popping into MRCB and asking their advice.

Advertisement