Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using Tower Gardens?

Options
  • 29-01-2023 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

They seem hyper expensive for what looks like a few lengths of wavin and a pump.

General principle is aero/hydroponics. I guess the roots aren't submersed but rather have the nutrient solution trickled over them.

https://www.juiceplus.com/ie/en/tower-garden/growing-systems/tower-garden-home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

This looks a bit more like it if this kind of thing is your bag. Might give it a blast to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was going to say, have you bought any pipes/angles etc recently? They are not cheap. Then I saw the price of the made up unit!

It looks to me like something that would end up adding to the stacks of abandoned plastic stuff that clutters gardens once the novelty has worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Ah yeah. Probably. But once you've done the plots, raised beds, no dig, poly tunnel schtick you'd have to try something different.

Gardening for me is a bit of a hobby and not something I take too seriously. If this proves a diversion for a year or two, what harm. Can pass on whatever I build to someone else who's taking an interest.

Advertisement