Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone speaker not working

• 29-01-2023 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Having some trouble with a mobile phone running on android which has a speaker that is not working. There was no drops or shocks to the device and nor was there any intermittent problem before the speaker failed.

I've tried rebooting the phone and turning it off and on again to no avail.

What I think has happened is possibly that the phone was in my car and I had Bluetooth connected it to listen to music and also receive a call. Somehow I wonder has the Bluetooth failed to release the speaker for normal use.

I went back into the car and connected/disconnected again to see if that would release it, but no.

I've tried playing Spotify and it splays the song - just no volume. No indications/icons for headphones nor Bluetooth - so it would seem to think it is playing via speaker.

When someone phones me the speaker does not ring.

I've checked volume and settings - it should be outputting sound. Not sure where to go from here so would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Advertisement