Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty tablet

Options
  • 29-01-2023 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I ordered a tablet online on the 3rd December for in store collection. (Not sure if that means I deal with the specific store, or online) Tablet worked fine for a couple of weeks, then developed wifi connection issues. Contacted the online help of the manufacturer who went through a load of trouble shooting and then said it needed to be sent off for repair. The repair guys said they updated the software and the issue was fixed. The software was already up to date before being sent off, so basically they did nothing.

A couple of weeks later and I'm here with the same issue. I contacted the manufacturer's online help again. Was on for over 90 minutes, and I have to admit I got a bit annoyed with them and refused to send the tablet for repair again for the same issue so soon. (I wasn't rude) My question is, where do I go from here? I'm trying to remember what I learned in business studies in school. So my contract is with the company I actually bought from. If I contact them tomorrow, do I have to allow them send off for repair, or can I insist on replacement or refund since it's already gone off once? Or should I just go with the manufacturer and let them send it off again when I calm down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

You have two choices.

Bring it to the store you got it in. They will then send to the manufacturers repair agent, get it back and then hopefully contact you quickly and you travel to them and pick it up.

Or

Allow the company to pick it up and repair it, thus avoiding the delay.

If the same issue happens again, THEN you could ask for a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

The company I bought it off are arranging to collect and attempt repair. They've said if it doesn't work they'll replace. I'd rather a refund as google would suggest it's an ongoing issue with these particular tablets, but I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Advertisement