Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a landlord dealing RTB on-line - it is a headache?

Options
  • 29-01-2023 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Is anyone finding it difficult to deal with the Residential Tenency Board's on-line registration facility. I certainly am. Is there a route to getting someone to help you iron out changing details untitl your problem is solved, so far I seem to be just getting the run around, trying to sort out basic registrations. Meanwhile the fines are piling up because I cannot straighten out registrations. I ony have one rental and I have also been tasked with doing it for an elderly relative.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s a pain in the arae. I’ve lodged 5 queries and nave had no response and the expected wait time on the phone is 45 minutes.

they should have a number for paying customers (landlords) a a less manned number for non paying customers

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭YipeeDee

I’m four months trying to register a single tenancy.

Tye RTB are a nightmare to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Just had two letters today one telling me I have to update a tenancy and another telling me the registration is terminated (tenants moved out a few weeks ago). That's how efficient it is.

How they dared bring in a yearly charge I'll never know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Apparently it is all the landlords' fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Tornaedo

It's been a disaster since they updated their IT system (RTB 360 I think). I wasn't able to link some of my old registrations into the new system and have been trying to resolve it online and over the phone for over 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

What's the legal situation if you tried to register a few times but were unable to?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I’m no longer a private landlord so thankfully don’t have to deal with that basket case , the old site was terrible, the one they introduced in November is even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steelblue

This might help somebody.

Gmail email addresses need the settings changed to allow "no-reply@rtb.ie" to get through if trying to reset your password. Gmail blocks the no-reply@rtb.ie and you won't see it in the spam folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭themoone

@Claw Hammer Ah sure it is always the landlords. The RTB NEVER make mistakes they are whiter than white 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I have Gmail address and no-reply@rtb.ie wasn't blocked

But overall RTB is a nightmare to deal with ,duplicate tenancies appearing since changeover .

I email them about everything as I want a paper trail and proof I did my best to do as I should.

Advertisement