Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric shower ceiling switch question

• 30-01-2023 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

The ceiling switch for my electric shower regularly breaks in that the light doesn't come on and no power goes through to the shower. It is not tripping on the fuse board and there is no apparent burning within the switch itself. Any ideas on why this would be? I've had to replace the switch a few times now because of this same reason

I noticed this morning that of the two lives wires connecting into the switch, there seems to be power only in one of them .. is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

You need a REC for that the DIY installs usually give trouble anyhow

Cheap isolators and constant operation

Also loose connections and wires jammed into box affecting operation of the isolator

They give less trouble if you leave them constantly on

I would fit a crabtree or similar high quality switch if you're going to be turning it on/off

Advertisement