Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car hit from behind, PCP trade in value lower

• 30-01-2023 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

Hi,

looking for a bit of advice. I was hit from behind about 3 months ago. Guy admitted liability and his insurance paid to have it fixed.

My car is nearly 3 years old there wasn’t a lot of damage just a cracked bumper and some panel damage. No one was hurt and I was happy to have the car fixed.

My 3 year PCP is up soon and I was talking to the dealer, he said the crash will de-value the car when trading.

should his insurance have compensated me for this and if so is it too late to ask for the difference.

Comments

• I’ve just glanced at the article below…

It seems that when one is taking out a PCP in the first place one needs to take out “Gap Insurance” to cover such eventualities as yours. I don’t think there’s any remedy now, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Yes they should compensate you. My car was involved in major damage when only a few months old recently. I received 15% of the ex-VAT repair costs as compensation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I'm presuming you accepted repairs from the 3rd party's insurers "in full and final settlement" . If so, that's the end of the matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Ignore the dealer comments, practically anything coming off PCP will have a buyer waiting. That GAP insurance is also totally unnecessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

A crash of any kind devalues a car, even if fixed properly. There’s not much you can do about it now really Op, if you’re going to trade it in for another pcp deal. i would disagree about the market for cars, as I’d see a lot of company cars coming online in the next few weeks as people surrender them, so I actually see a glut of cars in the next few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement