Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can toxic relationships be healed? Or is the only option to walk away?

Options
  • 31-01-2023 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can toxic relationships be healed? Or is the only option to walk away?

Has anyone been in a really toxic relationship that they managed to turn around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

No.

No.

Relationships are toxic because one or both persons in it are toxic, dysfucntional personalities.

In my opinion, toxic relationships are hopeless cases. The best thing is to walk away.

Sometimes things improve temporarily. But that is just the toxicity being put in cold storage. it is still there and will eventually come out again.

Jealousy. Controlling behaviour. Manipulation. Harrassment. These things are ingrained and don't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I think the best thing to do is walk away, generally if a relationship is toxic it's because youre triggering insecurities in each other and that creates a bond which causes the toxic nature of the relationship. Leave and go find your worth because you wont find it in a relationship thats unhealthy, wether that be platonic or romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Run away, don't even walk.

I remember the moment the lightbulb went off in my head after yet ANOTHER huge fall out with my ex husband. I just suddenly went no not doing this and then he changed to being the one begging and I stuck to my guns.

The clarity after that moment was just blissful. Scary but blissful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭YellowLead

No they cannot. The longer you stay the worse it gets and the harder it will be to leave. Depending on the nature of the situation it can require a lot of courage and strength to leave but you will be so much happier once you do and come out the other side. Life is too short.

Advertisement