Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Citizenship

• 31-01-2023 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have applied for the Irish citizenship in May 2022 and received a confirmation receipt of the the application in December 22. I haven’t received any further communication in that regard.

has anyone applied in and around May 22 and advice if I have to follow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭mct1

According to a Dail reply from the Minister of Justice last November the current processing time is 19 months. https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2022-11-17/264/#pq_264. From the table shown it looks like they're still catching up after Covid so it may speed up this year.

Husband went through that in 2016 so hoping all goes well for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Hi Op.

Talk us through your journey and what processes you have gone through to this point. Do you have any family or other relations who are currently Irish. Are you a resident here? Hiow did you arrive here? That kind of thing.

I suppose the reason I am asking it that being a citizen I have never needed to go through such a process. I am aware that their exist different requirements based on a range of factors.

What systems and process does the state currently offer new residents? Do you think they could be improved?

Why do you want to become a citizen here?

A number of people I know who arrived from dramatically different backgrounds have noted how full of entitlement citizens in Ireland are? They constantly look for hand-outs and expect their lives to be delivered to them on a plate, even after receiving free housing, health and education their entire lives. They found the attitude of many Irish persons to be beyond reproach when it comes to their silent misgivings and notions of abject begrudgery.

What has been your experience?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There is a wealth of information out there for you go read up on it if you feel inclined then come back and discuss the topic or else just stop trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

AWSdeveloper, you’ll find a lot more traffic on this topic over on immigrationboards.com/ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭dennyk

I applied in early February 2021 and got accepted in late May 2022, just in time to squeeze into the June 2022 citizenship ceremony. I'd anticipate that your application will likely take over a year at the minimum, and that's if they don't need to ask you to resubmit any documentation that was incorrect or missing, and there's nothing else unusual about your application that might cause further delays.

There also won't be any further communication about the progress of your application unless they do need more information or documentation from you, or until you finally receive the letter with the Minister's decision. Don't let the silence worry you; that's just business as usual, and it doesn't indicate anything is wrong. With any luck, you should be approved in time for this December's ceremony and will be able to ring in the new year in 2024 as an Irish citizen! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 awsdeveloper

Thanks All, from 2022 onwards there is a eVetting, This is already Mid-Feb and I haven't received the eVetting also. I am not yet notified if any documents are missing or not. It will be a year in sometime.

Anyone who applied in 2022 March ? could anyone share some experiences ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭xyz13

What a shame they didn't include IELTS certification (6.5 min) as part of the process... Never mind basic knowledge of Irish history.

Bien faire et laisser dire...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I have always wondered why people feel the need to troll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Tow

Having witnessed the old system where everyone, one at a time had to take their oath in front of a Judge. The majority had good English, a good few already sounded 100% Irish. However, some had zero English and required translators.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ShinyEyes

Can I ask a possibly stupid question please! In regards to the documents needed for residence, if I was to use ESB bills, do I need to give a full years bills for each year or will just one bill for each year do? I can't work it out from the guidance documents so thought I'd ask someone who's been through the process :-) Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭dennyk

You just need one bill (or another 50-point document) from each one-year period you're claiming residency for.

Advertisement