Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of Camlough Hill Transmission Site.

Options
  • 31-01-2023 10:45am

Was up at Camlough Hill (near Newry) at the weekend. Took some photos of the masts up there. This site provides DTT, DAB and FM services.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Think Downtown need to change their dipoles or use the top stack !

• Can pick up most of the FM services from Camlough quite well here in Dundalk, but for whatever reason Downtown on 103.1 is very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Downtown is 2 kilowatts, the others are 4.

Think Downtown also using the dipoles with reflectors half way up - not the omni stack on top

So 3dB down on power and multiples of dB down going south if those reflectors still work

The big stack doesn't stop Nova whacking QRadio on 100.5 across large parts of its TSA in South Armagh, cant understand how this is allowed to go on - or does no one care?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Nova's packing some punch alright, I was in the car with a friend of mine up in Whitehead (near Carrickfergus) once and he was picking it up that far north.

• Advertisement

• According to Frequency Finder, Nova on 100.5 only outputs at 0.25 kw from Saggart. Would it reach that far north on such a low power? I’ve no problems in Dundalk picking up Q Radio on that frequency. No interference for me.

EDIT: I'm picking up Nova at 100.3 on my car radio in Dundalk. Not sure why it would interfere with Q on 100.5?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Q radio on 100.5 is murdered by Nova on the same frequency across large parts of South Armagh including Forkhill, Culloville and Crossmaglen postal districts - remember whats on paper regarding ERP can be non reflective of reality

• I do be around Forkhill & Drumintee a fair bit. Must check it out. Odd that this should be allowed to happen if frequency planning is meant to be a thing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is Nova only 250W? Noticably lower than many other services from the same site Newstalk (2kW), 4FM (1kW), iRadio (1kW - I always thought this was higher) and the country directional services (4.8kW), LMFM (630W), KFM (4kW).

Advertisement