Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PCR testing credibility

• 31-01-2023 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Is it just me wonders, how credible is PCR testing in detecting live covid-19 virus? I lloked up on HSE, even they say that PCR can not detect live virus and the numbers of cases and lockdowns were based on PCR testing results. If I ask medical staff, they look at me like I'm talkinf about flat earth BS. Anyone else have questions regarding that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Might be worth linking to the HSE site with the information you're using.

Most debate around PCR was around the number of cycles used to get a high chance of a true positive 98%+). There is also good graphs showing the range of detection of PCR vs. antigen which also shows why antigen wasn't much good for containing the spread (the initial days of spreading infection are missed).

Though there is a conspiracy that the tests don't take any virus at all and it's all faked, but they're not credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Martx

If the cycle number is high, it might give positive result, even if there is no virus at all. Low cycle number would detect the virus particles, but it does not show if the virus is viable and the test would be positive even weeks after the real infection. So what is the point of this testing then? 3rd note shows, that it detects the dead virus too.

Advertisement