Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charging cables - best deals?

• 31-01-2023 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My 10m type 2 to type 1 cable has just died on me... Where is my best bet for a good price on a replacement?

Needs to be 8+ meters long. Best I can see so far is epower.ie are doing an 8m cable for 195€

Anyone used epower before? Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

Can’t comment on the cables but I got my charger off them and they were easy to deal with (as you would expect tbh)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

How has it died? Would a simple head replacement do the job which will cost you a few inches and a lot less €

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I have used power good service and products: at 195 may not be three phase, what car/charger?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

It's only for an outlander and a 2015 leaf so 16A is good enough

Well it's died as in nothing connected with it charges 😀... Has worked perfectly for 4+ years up till now.

No idea what a head replacement is or how to go about it. You'll have to point me in the right direction there, sorry

Post edited by slicedpanman on

• Advertisement

An update... That epower cable went from 195 to 250 after deliver and vat 😀

Went with Mick's garage in the end was cheaper

Will look into options for repairing the existing cable

Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Ecarinfra quoted me 225 for a 10m cable. Using this for an untethered zapp install as its same cost as 8m and i need more than the 6.5m that comes with the zappi tethered

Advertisement