Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair scrapped Dublin to Tallinn route?

• 31-01-2023 4:17pm

Got an email from Ryanair just now saying my flight from Dublin to Tallinn had been cancelled due to "commercial reasons". Had booked a fight out on June 26 and a return on 3 July. You can't book now beyond March. Nothing available after that. Seems the route has been scrapped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

I got an email too - had my flight booked for the second week of the Easter holidays .. was going to do a day trip to Helsinki while there too .. raging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sorry to jump on this, but we always had it in our plans to spend a few nights in Tallinn.... now it looks like we're under pressure!

We can fly our on March 24, arriving 11:40

Depart March 27 21:30

This basically gives 2.5 days.... too little time? We love getting up in the morning and experiencing old architecture etc. and then partying a little at night. The alternative is to go for a week which may not be logistically possible at that time of year... thinking a week would be too long also.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

2.5 days is fine for Tallinn.

• What a shame, loved my stay there almost a decade ago. Stayed in the atmospheric Old House apartments and dined in candlelit Old Hansa restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

This is very sad! I had the pleasure of using the Ryanair flight to Tallinn a couple of years ago and it was so cheap, while the airport over there is cozy and well managed. Flying into Tallinn was a great alternative if looking to visit Helsinki on a tighter budget, as the ferry crossing from Tallinn to Helsinki is wonderful and only 90 minutes or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭suave.4u

we went last year and Tallin was fab. Took the ferry to Helsinki

• It’s my favourite European airport. Minutes from the city centre, plenty of cosy nooks, colourful, and some lovely vintage aircraft on display.

Yes there is something very quaint about the airport, in fact, the whole city really. The old town is like a movie set it is so stunning.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Great town Tallinn. Great place for a long weekend.Pity they’ve pulled out.

• The airport

• Advertisement

Speaking of Tallinn in general, has everyone been to the Depeche Mode bar there? I thought it was so delightfully random that this Eastern European city would have a bar dedicated to an 80s British band haha.

Advertisement