Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring new smart thermostat

Options
  • 31-01-2023 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I am replacing my old Sunvic SunPro 2000 heating controls with a smart thermostat bought off Amazon.

Ive wired it up in what I thought was the correct way, but heating isn't turning on.

I've connected the 2 brown cables that where in 3 & 4 into 4 & 5 in the new controls but heating isn't turning on.

Any ideas? (Or do I have the wrong model)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Wire 3 is for your hot water on the old system.

Wire 4 is for the heating on the old system.

So you do have them in the wrong position.

Is that new smart thermostat for both water and heating? I suspect its not- looks like heating only.

To get the heating to work it looks like you need to connect what was wire 4 on the old system to connection 5 on the new one. And then do a jump wire from 1 to 4. The thermo when on will make the connection between 4 and 5 so 4 needs to be hot. This should let the thermo control your heating but not your water.

Note: I am assuming this based on what little info you have provided. If in any doubt get a professional to wire it!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Thanks. The old system was set up so that the heating controlled the hot water, so both on or both off.

So on the new system:

• Live connected to 1
    • Neutral connected to 2
    • Heating wire connected to 5
    • Jumper from 1 to 4

Would I connect the hot water wire to 5 also or just tape it up and forget it?

Advertisement