Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexi hours availability in the HSE for new Clerical Officers?

• 31-01-2023 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I have received a job offer from the HSE as a CO. Its a permanent full time contract, hours of business 9-5 Mon - Fri. Anyone working in a similar role (not customer facing) know if flexi hours are available? I'm coming from a customer facing role so I have never been able to do flexi hours.

Post edited by Toots77 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi I think it really depends on what dept you are in no harm in giving them a call contact details should be on the offer letter

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭claregal1

It depends on your boss and section . I had flexi in my role and it wasn't front facing . However I had to work 9 -5 and could only build up a day flexi each month . I couldn't finish early at all though I could work late and begin before 9 .

A section down the corridor from me had flexi and could start at 10 and finish at 4 if they wanted to along with building up flexi time .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Toots77

Thanks for reply, can I ask what 'building up flexi time' means? Sorry I'm totally clueless when it comes to flexible hours! 😀

Caomhe2 if I need to take time off say if one of the kids gets sick and needs to be collected from school or have dental appointments or I have to go for a medical check up do you just take say 2 hours from your holidays to do this? Probably a silly question but this is what I had to do in my old job

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭claregal1

Building up flexi is where you can work up an extra 7 hours a month . You can then take that day off the following month . Not every dept in the HSE has it , it depends on your manager.

In relation to your question below . You have to be in the office during core hours , these are 10-12.30 . 2.30 -4. Any time off during these hours you have to take as leave .

Hope this makes sense !

• Advertisement

@claregal1 and @Caoimhe2 thanks so much.

Advertisement