Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any alarm system that allows you to self host and not be reliant on the company's cloud services

Options
  • 31-01-2023 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm looking into a home alarm system that I can hook up to Home Assistant and doesn't require the manufacturer's cloud services to work remotely. I really like the look of HomeSecure since it offers the Ajax alarm system and you own the equipment after x years. However it seems the app only works through Ajax servers. If it works how I believe it works this means that if they shut down these services I'm left with a dumb system I can't control remotely. It will also require me to open the alarm up to the internet directly.

Are there any systems that allow you to bypass their cloud services layer and control it locally somehow?

Advertisement