Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patricks day 2023 launch

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm saying that the way the papers publicised the launch of the parade the other day may have been rather misleading - by putting a photo of a drag queen at the launch and talking about the theme being 'diversity'. Diversity could mean literally anything - immigrants, refugees, different religions and cultures and languages, disabled people, older people, any type of minority etc....it wouldn't just be about LGBT stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Everyone nowadays is too afraid of being called X-phobic to push back on any of this crap.

I don't even know why drag queens are so prevalent in things like this. It's not like they're transgender. Drag queens like this are basically showing off their sexual interests. It's like dressing up as a slutty nurse or dominatrix.

I was already lost as to how Transgender was added to LGB when LGB are sexualities but this takes the biscuit.

There's a big difference between brendan o carroll dressing up as a woman and men dressing up as sexualised women.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

Yeah nobody likes being called a whinging bigot when they are in fact a whinging bigot. If you think drag queens are sexy, more power to you. I always thought they were loud and funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It seems the hotels in Dublin are really sky highing the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wonder if years times drag queens will be viewed like the black and white minstrels from years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Official Irish state St. Patrick’s Day video

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's kinda... depressing. Then again, I really don't like Danny Boy so I was against it from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I am loving this thread as someone who couldn't care less about St Patrick's day anyway. It's like the organisers of the event are trolling the users of this site specifically. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

They're trying too hard... it's never a good look tbh.

You end up getting the opposite reaction when you behave like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lovely visuals, but the song was a dirge. If the song had picked up pace along the way, and maybe been finished off as a choir, it would have been better and more celebratory, but it stayed so needlessly mournful throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭francois

Great day out, loads of people having fun nobody gave 2 shītes about the meaningless trope "woke"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭apache

So I didn't see the parade. I will catch the virgin media news. I used to always cringe at the pride parade when I'd see highly sexualised men. There's no need for it. Kids do not need to be seeing that. Loads of kids watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The LGBT section of the parade today was tiny and a 'blink and you missed it' moment. All of that huffing and puffing about drag queens a few weeks back was a waste of time.

I seen it there on the news. Didn't see anything distasteful. Looks like a good day and people enjoying themselves. Hopefully it dosen't get too messy in town later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,254 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I was at the parade, it was a bit sh1te in fairness. The drag queens were in the middle somewhere, about 10 of them and they were past you in 20 seconds. About 20 North American marching bands, 10 floats which were admittedly very impressive, and the odd police/fire brigade/revenue/venezualan group. Saw one group of irish dancers who were just walking around waving, that was it really from an 'Irish' perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

I think it kind of a coming out effect where they are being bold about being themselves. I assume it’ll tone down in general terms over years as the world moves on with it.

Was just looking at temple bar earthcam. Jammers!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement