Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Item stuck in Customs

• 01-02-2023 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I ordered an item of clothing online on the 15th January which was processed and shipped on the 16th. It was due for delivery on the 23rd January. Tracking on the courier email has shown the same message since 17th January which is that it is currently awaiting release from the central distribution hub. I contacted the couriers and they told me it is to do with customs not them and they can't help. I contacted the seller who has been very helpful and looked into it but could only find out the same as I did which is customs haven't cleared the product. The thing is I needed them this weekend for my daughter's school trip. What is the next step? Do I wait for them eventually to ship which will be too late or ask for a refund from the seller? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did you order from a shop or a person? They may not have filled in the correct paperwork. All items coming from outside of Ireland need a customs declaration or commercial invoice. Its possible they may be investigating if the details are wrong and it is being looked at for under declared value etc. You may not be entitled to a refund even if you request one from the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 wavyhair

Thanks very much GBX. I ordered from an Irish sports website. I had also ordered from them two weeks before and that order arrived within a few days. Unfortunately I had forgotten one item and that's the one that never came. I'll give it another day or two before I contact the seller again and query a refund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'd keep trying with them so. Hopefully it turns up.

Advertisement