Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 won't download on PS3 store

Options
  • 01-02-2023 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I get some crappy error that it can't install starting with 8.

It won't download in my purchases transaction list either. It gets me concerned about the future of downloads to be honest. Not being able to download our games.

I don't know if anyone else has the game now and has the same problem. Maybe if someone bought it in the past they could give it a try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Not clear from your comment if you try to download the game on PS3 or on PS4/PS5. If it is the latter I believe PS3 games can only be streamed, not downloaded - something to do with compatibility. PS2 and PS1 games can be downloaded as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It's on the PS3 store on the PS3.

I get the error on the PS3 store and on the transaction history where all the games you ever purchased are listed. The transaction history is supposed to be where anything on the PS3 that you purchased is available to download and it won't download. I assumed everyone knew by now you can't access the PS3 store except on the PS3. I thought that was obvious. Sony got rid of the web PS3 store ages ago so the PS3 store is only on the PS3.

Has anyone who has a PS3 and purchased Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 been unable to download it? Do they get the same error as me?

"An error occurred during the install operation (80029780)"

I don't suppose there's a forum anywhere for PS3 owners as this is unlikely to ever get answered and is frustrating.

Post edited by quinnd6 on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe try this?

Says to deactivate the console on your account and reactivate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I just did that and same error still in both the store and my download list so that did nothing.

Thanks for trying to help anyway. Other games download with no issues, it's just this one that has the problem.

Advertisement