Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check for incoming broadband

Options
  • 01-02-2023 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I'm in a strange scenario. To make it short I was with Vodafone and tried to switch to Eir. Between the reels and the jigs they both made a bags of it. The switch never happened and I was left on Vodafone. But Vodafone themselves deleted all records of me as a customer, UAN etc. It meant they couldn't find me to switch providers or do anything on the line. Eventually a customer service rep told me that as far as they were concerned I didn't exist and they wouldn't be able to cut me off. Basically free internet. I've been taking my chances since and all was grand until last night - no internet.

The Vodafone modem has flashing green internet. I can connect to the wifi but there's no internet signal. I tried a brand new Eir modem but same story, no internet. But maybe that might need to be configured for a Vodafone broadband line. I also tried resetting Vodafone modem via pinhole on back. I'm wondering is there any way to identify that I do actually have internet coming in but may have a faulty modem.

The game could be up but I'd like to troubleshoot as much as I can before ordering from a new provider. Would be grateful for any tips or advice on possible things to check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭RobiePAX

I wouldn't know how to test if you still getting the signal.

But my guess is that they disconnected you. Either remotely, or engineer came in and physically disconnected you from exchange until you place new order again.

Between Vodafone and Eir there's also OpenEir who manage the cables. OpenEir probably was still providing you with service until the stuck order was properly cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

It should be possible to logon to the modem and look at the diagnostics. Most likely it is working but your account has been closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

when you say green flashing light, is that the light on the gpon if you have ftth. if its thats that flashing then youll need to reorder with provider.

i would say youve been cut off regardless to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Yeah, I've already ordered from provider. Had tried settings in router to connect but does look like no signal coming in at all.

Hopefully new provider can connect easy enough and no issue on line. I had a good run of I for a while so can't complain.

Advertisement