Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this really acceptable from a moderator?

Options
  • 01-02-2023 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭

@tom1ie

"If you cannot understand basic business, then perhaps you should refrain from posting here.

Many businesses pay a standby charge and a bonus for performance.

Whether it is a shop assistant or salesman who is paid to be at work and a bonus based on sales, or a bus company that runs the bus service whether there are passengers or not.

If you cannot understand that, then visit a library for a few books on economics and business. This thread is not an education service for slow learners as this has been explained several times for you."

It wasn't directed at me but I find that to be insulting, condescending and rude. Had I acccused someone of being a 'slow learner' I'd have got an incivility warning or a ban.

While I am at it. This same moderator banned any discussion of nuclear energy from a thread about energy infrastructure for Ireland, which I don't think is appropriate, particularly when the head of the Irish institute of engineers has raised the topic recently. https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/1019/1330128-engineers-ireland-conference/

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement