Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 4th Gen won't update iOS

Options
  • 01-02-2023 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

iPad Air 4th gen is on IOS 14.7. New updates were available for IOS 15 and 16.2. Both failing over Wi-Fi and whilst connected to laptop/iTunes when at approx 22%.

Error 2009 showed and also black screens or power cycling. Now powering on and off in a cycle constantly. Reset and factory erased numerous times. iPad purchased Nov 2020 from Apple Ireland.

Spoke with Apple support. First CSA said it could be a hardware issue as they checked software remotely. She was extremely helpful and discussed it may be still under consumer protection. She said since I live 4+ hours from nearest Apple Store, they could maybe arrange a package to post it.

She needed to transfer me to the Senior representative to finalise return/analysis. He was very unhelpful and really didn’t pay any heed to any troubleshooting she’d done or anything I told him. He informed me that I’d have to pay £551 (yes, pounds, not Euro) to send it via post or free if I went to store??!! Any thoughts on this or advice please? Device was used pretty rarely tbh, and was never dropped/damaged in any way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Are you using an official Apple cable to connect to your laptop? Is it a Mac or Windows machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Yes and it's a Windows machine. Tried with multiple cables. Won't update wirelessly either. Apple support person remotely connected and couldn't find any software issues and reckoned it was probably hardware fault.

Advertisement