Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet Room Racks

Options
  • 02-02-2023 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

Morning folks. We are looking at putting in a wet room (dry room?) in our school for kids walking or cycling to school. Baically a place for jackets and stuff to be left on wet days.

What I'm looking for from you fine folks is suggestions for appropriate racking for the room. Ideally it would be wall mounted, and somewhat comercial/heavy duty as we have a large number of kids in the school, and they're teenagers. So no portable clothes racks from Argos😀

I'm open to whatever suggestions people have, especially if its something you have experience of it in your workplace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭YakerK

My workplace has 4 PEKO drying cabinets. They really are the business. I don't know what they cost and I'm guessing they would not be particularly budget friendly for a school, but if it can be done they are certainly a great piece of kit. Reasonably high capacity, but you'd probably max out at about 6 full sets of winter kit (i.e. jacket, shoes, thermals, tights). Less if people are also having showers and are putting towels in also, but more if you are only putting in a jacket and not full sets of kit.

Even if that's not in the budget - getting some form of heating and a dehumidifier into the room would be key.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks for the recommendation. They look great, but I'd imagine that they're way beyond the budget of the school for this project (shoestring is probably the most apt description).

I had already made the case for a dehumidifier being necessary. I think I've found my solution. There's a company that supply galvanised pipes and fittings, precut and ready to be installed as racks, for relatively little money, so I think that'll be our route.

Thanks again

Advertisement