Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Nations 2023 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Takes some stones to be that size playing international rugby

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Savage finish from Capuozzo

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Hmm, several minutes later Trimble called them team mates.

Perhaps someone had pointed this out to him after his previous comment, or quite possibly you're correct & that was his intended meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Not a bad half from Italy, could be ahead if they were a bit more pragmatic in their own 22. They really need to find a 9.

France being whistled off the park, especially at the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I dunno about ye, but if galthie went off at halftime and i was in the dressing room i wouldnt be able to take anything he says seriously when he has those glasses on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

If Italy had a 9 they'd be winning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Italy living a charmed life to be within 5 here. So, so messy in their own 22. French mistakes and a sympathetic ref keeping them in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You could argue that France are living off Italy mistakes too. France haven’t exactly been as good they should be given the team they have out.

Could definitely do without the very audible sounds of (presumably) Matthew Carley repeatedly clearing his nose and spitting there during and after that last Ramos penalty.

Good and bad to the ref mic sometimes.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

How does the TMO not look at that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Italy play an insane, suicidal type of rugby in their own 22. They are their own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Cmon Italy. Superb last ditch defence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

France are making a proper mess of this game at the moment. If Italy would only stop with the rugby for the insane under their own posts they might actually have a chance here.

Would have been spectacular from Penaud if it came off, such a beautifully controlled little kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Italy are going to win this, the momentum is with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say that extra roll penalty really annoys me. I just hate that rule.

I think they'll starting making mistakes now. Pressure will get to them.

Nah, I think it's a sensible rule. It sometimes can be somewhat harshly applied, but generally I feel it's one of those offences that I know it when I see it, and that was one there from Marchand.

Player knew he was a little isolated, so takes a roll to give his teammates time to get to the ruck. Penalty right call.

You are talking about a specific incident, I'm talking about in general. There's too many times when it seems like it's okay to me and it's blown up. No consistency in applying it so I think it should be got rid of.

We've already had one blown up in the first half of this game which was wrong. Referees are blowing it up instantly without considering whether it's right or wrong.

Disagree - I don't think there's a huge incidence of it being applied badly by refs, but even if it was, that wouldn't be a reason for getting rid of a law that is logical. It would just be a reason for ref's assessors to do more work on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very poor from the referee and touch judge. Clearly took a touch off the Italy player.

Jesus with the game in the balance Tommaso Allan has been found wanting.

Missed the shot at goal, and the last two kicks to touch have been abject.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Allan's last two kicks to the line have been woeful. Gave Italy no chance to build an attack near the France line.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

France looking very beatable on that showing.

Just goes to show how much Italy missed Garbisi and just how much of a talent he is.

However, Varney should never be playing at 9 at this level. He was absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Shehal

France will have to improve beyond all recognition to have any chance against Ireland next week.

Both sides were awful defensively. If France play like that again they'll be lucky to beat anybody besides Wales.

Ireland will destroy both teams if they defend like that.

France won’t play like that next week. They thought they had it won before they went onto the pitch.

They’ll get themselves right up for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I wouldn't say never, he's only 21. They do really need to find an alternative for the short to medium turn.

• Advertisement

Well that's where we disagree, I've seen a lot of instances where a player was half way turned and continued to roll to get back to present the ball and gets penalised.

Advertisement