Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Servicing Costs in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Murt2024

Oil change and Oil filter.

Car is a 2011 Skoda, got it at 180,000kms, now 310,000 kms. That's all I ever got done unless the NCT tells me I need anything else done but has sailed through it last three years. I've gotten new brake pads and Tyres and that's it since I've owned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

Mine costs €75 for all filters and oil, I do it myself. Well worth it for people to know how to do basic car servicing even though we will probably all be driving Electric cars in the near future! I do most of my own servicing that doesn't need a car lift.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Murt2024

Not too bad. Maybe was a bit over the top with 150 but that's what my local guy charges me. 150-200 seems probably accurate, well outside of Dublin myself.

My lad probably making 75 off the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SamB13

Just paid €335 for a service (Oil + filter, air filter) and front pads for a 151 VW Golf. That is a local mechanic, seems a pretty high price

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭chrisd2019

Had the two cars in my household serviced since Christmas, the hourly rate was 85E.

However I did notice that on one car was invoiced for 6L of oil but the manual and online research says the car takes 4.5L.

Also the price charged for the oil is 50% more per Lt, that what I can buy the same oil in a 5L drum from my local motor factors. Strange as I would have though bulk purchase in 200L drums would be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

A mechanic mate services 5 yokes for me on a Saturday, grabs computer from work. Ours, my ma's n sisters. I'd whip wheels off, fill oil etc. probably spends 5 hours at them , he's happy with bit of cash n I'm happy no fleecing , no oil change etc actually done!

Advertisement