Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Broadcasting: Cine 4 agus An Cailín Ciúin

• 02-02-2023 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Sorry Mod @pixelburp I mean not to make anything personal, but I just wanted to correct something said in a tread.

An Cailín Ciúin was funded mostly by the TV Licence. County football and hurling finals being shown on TG4. Independent producers making things like the Documentary on One, Two Tribes, the Irish Civil War. Concert orchestras. Archives. Longwave radio for people in Britain who still tune in. People in a decent semi-state making a living.

A well-funded public service media is at the heart of any democracy.

@[Deleted User] and @CGI_Livia_Soprano

An Cailin Ciúín was funding in part by the Licence fee via the BAI's Sound and Vision fund.

TG4, Screen Ireland and the BAI support a project called CINE4 (cine4.com). It's produced a number of quality films over the last few years.

Each body supports the project evenly, these means in effect that a third of the money comes from the Licence fee while 2/3 comes from exchequer funding via TG4 and Screen Ireland.

Most films will also get some extra funding via the tax scheme 481.

RTÉ currently provide TG4 with An Nuacht, TG4 did receive the license fee from 2011 until 2018, but prior to this and currently all funding comes via the exchequer.

RTÉ had nothing to do with An Cailín Ciúin trust me you'd know if they had.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Post edited by pixelburp on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement