Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If the government called a general election tonight

Options
  • 02-02-2023 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭

If the government called a general election tonight who would you vote for from the list below?

FF

FG

Greens

SF

Labour

SD

PBP

Independents

Threadbans

Skimpydoo

Post edited by Beasty on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Is that meant to be a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Needs an "Other" Party option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,903 ✭✭✭✭elperello

More than one of them because of the STV.

Also that list does not include all the parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

Enoch burke, assuming he runs as an independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

As sad as this is to say, I would like to see a mass protest vote. A spoiled vote throughout the country. I'm not actually sure if that would be another election. I understand it's a complete waste but I can't see myself voting for any of the current crop, be they government or opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Independent, don’t know after that, the FG and FF TD,s in my constituency are utterly useless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

A spoiled vote would achieve nothing.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I suspect that there will be a lot of spoiled votes, or non-votes, by people who have always voted FFG and now feel shafted as a result of the Great Nursing Homes Robbery.

The overall effect will be to reduce support for the current government parties (& probably Labour to some extent), and thus increase the vote sshare of the current opposition. Independents may do well out of it as well - people like Lowry have been impervious to all negative publicity down the years.

Possibly. But how will the canvassers for FFG/Lab look the voters in the eyes and ask for votes. The thing to watch would be how many FFG TDs decide to go independent to save their political careers. It is the only honourable path for most of them not directly involved. Watching the performance of that creep Martin in the Dail brought home the fact that FF had betrayed its older voters and the disabled.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I guess that every TD who is long enough in the Dáil will have had cases on their hands and have told their constituents that "I'll do everything in my power to see you right".

Individual stories will get around such as "it's 5 years since that FFGucker XX told Johnny and Mary down the road that they'd get their money back, but they haven't had a smell of it". I think for most of them the independent route will not save their seat this time round.

• Advertisement

This could be the GE that changes everything and destroys FF/FG/Greens/Labour. I think that there's a poll due this weekend. It will be interesting to see if there's any major movement for FF/FG/Greens. Voters are angry enough to use their votes to destroy the political careers of politicians and it should be something that should worry the politicians.

Regards...jmcc

Can't wait for my magic money tree grown from a clipping from the main one at Leinster House when the shinners and PBP get in €€€ I hear they only grow 50's!!!!! /rubs hands together

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

At least when the shinners rob you they do it to your face.

this current crowd dip their hands in your pockets when you aren’t looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭French Toast

Sinn Fein probably. For no reason other than fúck FG/FF.

Are SF any better? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’ll be voting for none of the mainstream parties- FF FG lab SF PBP Greens SD etc all the same woke politically correct nauseating rubbish.

So hopefully some common sense Independents emerge or tbh will be looking at the right wing supposedly fringe parties - couldn’t care less anymore if that makes me racist fascist and everything else our woke social “betters” label us via their media script readers.

Im tired of the Irish being treated like garbage in our own country- eye watering taxes in return for non existent services. While billions are squandered on ungrateful “refugees” put up in hotels all at our expense. Time has come to say enough

Smell of desperation off this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think they are worse. At least with FG there’s a faint hope of some economic sense- though I agree that’s mainly to the benefit of their own cronies and a few crumbs for the peasants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Unfortunately I think the next election is Sinn Féin’s to lose.

id love to see a not crazy party of the left running candidates around the country.

• Advertisement

There does seem to be some fear and panic among FFGers on Social Media. Even some of their usual defenders in the media seem to be becoming born again journalists rather than government press release recyclers. One FGer (Kehoe/Wexford) was apparently complaining about other FGers claiming that he was not going to run in the next GE.

Regards...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

That's a good thing to see. It show's they know how screwed the current government is.

Yep. For all the talk about the government majority, a few FFGers eager to save their seats could bring it all crashing down. What else is about to come out about the activities of FFG/Lab? And the one thing that really seems to have them scared: when will the first MNoC be proposed?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Dr Karl

Isn't the editor of the Irish Daily Mail Group married to a Government TD or Senator.

Also wasn't the Ireland editor of Mediahuis married to a Senator. Was he also the editor of the Irish Independent at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

There should be ' I love this' button on boards ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I would actually vote for him because if he said he was going to do something he fooking well would.,

I would hope that all politicians in the Dail be harried throughout the campaign.

They are wrecking the country so they deserve no leeway.

Fook the lot of them.

Not one of them in the dail has come out against the lunacy so not one of them deserves respect or indeed peace.

Make it the campaign from hell.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This is some absolutely pointless nonsense. Completely unscientific and unrepresentative and couldn't reflect PR anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Definitely not the Greens anyway. . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Of course they aren't wrecking the Country ffs.

Give your head a wobble.

• Advertisement

The media and politics is very interconnected. It can be hard keeping track. The Sindo/Indo used to be very pro-FG. The Sindo used to be almost a weekly rant against SF but after Barbara J. Pym (AKA Eoghan Harris) was fired, the management decided to try repositioning the newspaper towards the centre of the market and toned down some of the anti-SF stuff. Bertie Ahern made Harris a senator though he was not reappointed.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement