Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velma - HBO Zoinks!

• 03-02-2023 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭

Consensus is that its basically the worst TV show in recent history , one positive, we get a great and scathing Pitch Meeting skit

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I did hear that this was very dated: "Oh hey, how about we make Velma gay?" Uh..... 'kay. People have being assuming that for 30 years at least. Not exactly cutting edge. And yeah, I had heard that the characters were very unlikeable. I have ZERO issue with Race Swapping but that reinvention of Shaggy looks TERRIBLE. My God!

I must admit, I find these "Pitch Meeting" sketches pretty damn funny and on the nose. Have being following his stuff for years (Check out his one for the last season of Game of Thrones)

There are so many versions of Scooby Doo out at the moment that, was this even needed? I mean there is one out now (Maybe repeats but they had Macklemore in one the other day so I'm assuming it's pretty recent) which is true to the spirit while also winking to the camera. But in a fun way (In that episode Macklemore was trailing around with the gang. Then you find out HE was the bad guy. When asked why he did it, why he spent so much money on his plan, his was response was "So I could say "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids. Can I? Please?" Sure enough, he does but totally ballses it up)

Advertisement