Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Payment Rate Deductions here.

• 03-02-2023 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

What would be the deductions or rate of payments, if one young person has to sign on to jobseekers allowance, while the main person in the house already is on a DSP payment. I know when a person signs on that their parents income is accessed, but the parent in this case does not have income from any other sources apart from the DSP. Would both payments be reduced or stay at the current rates that people get once they sign on.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

So a parent is on a SW payment with no other income from anywhere. The parent is not cohabiting with or married to anyone living in that house.

The young person (I assume their son or daughter) signs on for Jobseekers (allowance I assume, not benefit).

If the young person was a Qualified Child on the parents SW payment then if the young person claims their own SW payment then the parent will no longer get QC for that child.

They young person will get €129.70 if they are younger then 25 and have no other source of income.

The parents basic SW payment will remain the same. If the parent was getting fuel allowance and or HousehiodcBenefitscPackage they may lose that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Thanks for the info. Why would the fuel allowance be lost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

All of the people living in the house have to be entitled some way to the fuel allowance.

Advertisement