Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult hip dysplasia

Options
  • 03-02-2023 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just reaching out, I have AHD currently getting steroid injections as consultant is trying to delay the full replacement, I’m really just seeing if anyone knows if there’s an irish community for this, there’s so many complications and so much pain it would be amazing to have other people to talk to, there’s plenty in groups online but English or American so can vary in advice so looking to chat to Irish community. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Catnav13

Hi there, I am currently in the exact same situation as yourself. I have ADH and I have alot of pain. I have been referred now to the hospital for injections. I was told as I had no arthritis in my femoral head that I wasn’t a candidate for a hip replacement. I’m also over 40 so I am not suitable for PAO. I have just joined a Facebook page where mostly the people are from the UK and the States. I also would love to find an Irish Hip Dysplasia Group for adults, as I can’t seem to find one either. I only come across groups for children with the condition.

Advertisement