Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - iMessage and FaceTime Activation issues

Options
  • 03-02-2023 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39 samvimes

Similar To the VM Thread, ported from Three to Eir earlier this week and have been unable to activated either service. International SMS messages work fine. Spoke to Apple support, tested with HELP to 48369 (fails) and called Eir who maintain there's no issue on their side.

anyone else have similar issues and what was the resolution if any.

Comments

Check that they don't have any kind of premium SMS barring switched on.

Allow premium sms: send PRSMSALLOW to 50104

Bar premium sms: send PRSMSBAR to 50104

It's also possible something's gone slightly wrong with the port.

Basically when a port (move of network) is done, they update a database. You could think of it a bit like changing DNS records (if you're familiar with internet infrastructure). Sometimes that can glitch a little if some database doesn't sync up. So, it might be worth asking them to do the port again.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 39 samvimes

Got to the bottom of it with the help of an apple tech, I had tried everything up to that point, reset phone, network options, numerous restarts with messages off and on, removed sim, all that.

I had confirmed intentional texts worked, I'm not sure if apple did anything internally but after allowing the 'wheel' to spin on the phone number in iMessages it activated after approx 20 mins. the difference this time was disabling automatic Date/Time. Reset that after activation and restarted phone, so far so good, well worth calling them.

It’s a very opaque process because they try to make it look totally seamless. It would be easier if you could just see what it is sending by SMS and whether the message is failing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

Having exactly the same problem, eir just insist its apple but everything worked fine on my previous carrier. The text HELP to 48369 is failing. I've tried allowing premium numbers but no joy. I just can't believe how poor eir are, not helpful just looking for a scapegoat. I don't think anything I do with apple is going to solve this, its a carrier issue.

Advertisement