Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes saving upto €10 via Revolut

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I went on chat and they gave me the cashback!

Edit: Plus one month premium free for the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Lucky you, they told me it was not active when I made the purchase and it definitely was. They said it will be on my account on 24/02/23. Let's see. I shop in Dunnes anyway so will try again, with all the screenshots and receipts I can grab to prove it to them next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Does anyone have a screen grab of the offer terms they could share ?

Brick wall here with their chat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Did ye have a copy of the receipt? I'm getting asked for it when I try raise the issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Got €10 approved via chat. Had to show receipt matching the transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

The customer support are borderline gaslighters. Trying to tell me the offer never existed for me but then asking for a receipt with vat so they could process the request. Now he is telling me my offer isn’t available until the 24th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

I didn't keep my receipt.. balls!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Really struggling with Revolut today - it has become more about principle than anything.

I am getting the "This offer will not be present on the app until the 24th Feb" story.

Would anyone have screen grabs of the offer active with a date on it?

Any other thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

this offer wasn't through link to online store ( to be tracked by cookies )

Most likely they realised they can't check if you spent only on groceries - so now they ask for receipt just to make sure they 'don't break the law' by giving you cashback on alcohol purchases

Asking the customer for a screenshot proof of offer is pretty disappointing , coming from an online bank; what's next ? asking me for a screenshot of money i had in deposit in case i noticed they disappeared overnight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭SourSessions

They asked me for a receipt too, I just said it wasn't in the terms and conditions that I had to keep one. I dunno, I must have just gotten lucky. I wonder is it anything to do with being a premium user (though I'm only on a free trial - of which they refunded me €7.99 that I never paid for the 'hassle' - which was actually more than the cashback I was due and received. I also didn't ask for this, they just offered at the end.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

Again on principle :) I reached out to their customer agents and was told I needed to furnish a “vat invoice” from the seller (Dunnes stores) I advised they are a grocery store and do not issue Vat invoices, then he asked for a receipt, I advised I don’t keep receipts from my shopping, advised him to look at my transaction history and he can see the transaction of €52 to Dunnes on feb 6th , he came back after about 5 minutes with a cashback of €10.42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Got onto Live chat. He didn't query anything (no receipt, nothing) - just said he forwarded my request for the cashback and I should receive it in 5 working days. Then offered me 1% cashback on all purchases for 30 days (up to a max of 10£ I think) and one month free Premium.

Well, let's wait and see if I get the cashback next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That's great. I was told it will take 5 working days to get the cashback.

....and the cashback has arrived just now. 16.56eur (full 20% of the amount I spent). Not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 koala123

Does anyone have a copy of the T&Cs by any chance?

Also did anyone get their cashback despite using a money off voucher?

I used two money off vouchers as part of my transaction.

No way! Thanks for that. I shared the receipt and offer screenshot and they are telling me that because I had a discount voucher, the offer is not valid.

I wasn't asked for a receipt. The guy who processed my cashback didn't ask a single question. Can you try a different Agent or smth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

Oddly enough I received another €10:42 this morning, this one was labelled Dunnes stores reward, this I’d imagine is a response to a query I raised 5 days ago, they really don’t have a clue what their doing

Post edited by ALS on

• Advertisement

I raised a complaint yesterday and received a response today. They are still denying that the offer ever existed but have given me €30 compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dec4

How did you raise a complaint?

First CS rep told me that they would resolve my query within 3 days.

Second CS Rep came back 3 days later with an excuse that I wasn't eligible for Cashback

"I am afraid this Cashback is ineligible for the Cashback as you have a short amount of time to make the payment after you use the link to make the payment in the shops."

I paid via Revolut 2 days after the first notification and don't believe for a minute that it was only available for <48hrs.

When I queried the length of time for the offer they came up with another query.

There is no doubt that they are trying to welch on the offer. Any excuse for non payment.

I see they have aspirations to become a bank in Ireland. How anyone could trust such a shower is beyond belief...

They are now trying to tell me that I will be "eligible" for this reward from 24th Feb for a week.

I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day.

The CS agent gave me this link. Not sure if it’s specific to my case or if it’s for general use.

https://revolut.com/app-form/058d9447-abe1-4974-a8ad-234dfc2d77b7

@djdunny thanks, yes I got that link from CS Rep and have submitted a formal complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭jaffa20

With all the mixed responses, I started a chat again with a different agent. First time, I wasn't eligible and this time, they said I would get cashback within 5 days.

I received 8euro cashback this morning and was offered 1% back on purchases to a max of 10euro for the next 30 days. Should have been 10euro cashback, but at least it's better than nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I just got onto Chat. I had a screenshot of the offer (as I'd sent it to somebody in WhatsApp during the time to let them know about it).

First I was asked if I had hit the Activate button. I referred to the screenshot with no activate button.

Second I was asked if the reward was active. Again I referred to the screenshot where its said "Available now 09:00-20:00"

The agent replied with "As per checking, the reward was not active for you when you made the payment. This means that you are not eligible for it".

This, and a few other reasons is why I wouldn't trust Revolut as my main bank. I've used their support a few times and it's always "my fault" when there's a problem. I wouldn't really want to have a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

I was just in chat with Revolut and explained i hadn't got any cashback. I spent €265 between 6th Feb and 13th Feb but they say it was only operational on 6th Feb. Perhaps they're right, I can't remember now what the promo said. I'll screen shot in future. Anyway they said they'll send me the cash back for the 6th Feb, on which I spent the princely sum of 18.73......... so about 3.14 back, hardly worth the hassle of the chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Just got into chat. Attached the screenshot that stryker McQueen posted plus a screenshot of my revolut transactions as proof as had no receipt.

Agent got back to say he can see I got no cashback and has requested the team in charge of cashback transactions to credit my account and should see cashback reward in up to 5 days

• Advertisement

I ended up starting a second chat after the first person was unhelpful and kept saying once there’s a discount voucher or promotion on the receipt, you can’t get cashback (despite me explaining that it’s a supermarket and almost every shop will have some sort of promotion). The second person was much easier to deal with and again said I’ll get it back within 5 days! Haven’t received it yet but almost funny how different everyone’s experiences are. Definitely wouldn’t be considering it for a “main” bank

Advertisement