Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build for Golf Simulator

Options
  • 04-02-2023 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€1400 but could stretch a bit]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Golf Simulator

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [Using a projector, 4K T700STi

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Card, Bank transfer etc]

9. When are you purchasing? Within the next 2-3 weeks

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Moate]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

TGC2019 is the software that the PC will be running and here is the minimum requirements of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cornholio509

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X or higher on AM4 socket

be quiet! Pure Rock 2 CPU Cooler 

ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4

Kingston FURY Renegade 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 

Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 ssd 

Coolermaster 850 watt psu

RTX 3070 / RX 6800 xt GPU

NZXT H510 . You can pick and choose your PC case to suit your budget once components have been bought .

SHould cost total for the system arpund 1300 euro . If you want to intel route be prepared to pay more and maybe just about fit an INTEL equivelent in your budget . AM5 will cost 200 more then the previous am4 platfoprm because its DDR5 only and the AM5 boards are more expensive . THat said AMD have silently released new cheaper AM5 boards but are extremely cut down on features . Shop around for prices and combo bundles . I find GPU tracker / PCparts picker good resources to get an idea on pricing .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hi Bobby, have you started this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I've just put together a build for a golf Sim, I'll be using a mevo plus and TGC 2019.

I have put the TGC 2019 game on the PC and it runs that fine. I'm using a 2K monitor but I put it on the 4K settings and it still ran fine.

I tried to keep it as basic as possible and keep prices down as well as running 4K. It will be only running the Golf Sim so I couldn't justify spending more on it. I already had the motherboard and case.

Gigabyte X470 motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

2 x 8GB Ram - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 3000MHz CL16

SSD 1TB Crucial P2 M.2

Enermax 92MM CPU Cooler

RTX 3060Ti GPU

3 x Noctua 120mm Case Fans

Seasonic 550W PSU

NZXT H440 Case

I had the motherboard and case which I bought secondhand a few years ago, i think it was about €50 each.

The GPU was secondhand from adverts at €400 and the rest was new costing €292

Buying secondhand is a risk but if you know the seller it's not too bad.

I think the RTX3060 or RX6650XT will run it just fine and cost less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement