Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss help

• 06-02-2023 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Looking for some advice, one of my sisters is getting married on the 8th of July and I want lose a bit of weight before it comes around im aiming for a 1 to 1.5 stone, but I need to get a suit aswell I'm just wondering about getting fitted for a suit while I'm in the middle of a cut? Would it be better to get my suit closer to the date when I'm finishing cutting? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If you're buying off the rack then I would suggest you start your weight loss plans now, and just wait till the final few weeks to buy the suit.

If you buy a particular jacket and pants size you don't know for certain you'll fit into, or which turns out to be too big, you'll be annoyed.

Making a relatively late trip to the shops in the week before the wedding is the safest bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you're buying off the rack, buy closer, aim something that has a lot of stock, so it's less likely to be unavailable when you try to buy.

If you are getting it fitted, that would include taking it in as required. Let the tailor know your plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seylen

It is better to buy the suit when you already have the results of weight loss. You can get into great shape in time for July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jeanette-Hills

Congratulations to your sister on her upcoming wedding! Regarding getting fitted for a suit, I recommend waiting until you have reached your desired weight before getting measured and fitted for a suit.

But if you wait too long, you may not have enough time to get the suit made or altered to fit properly. So you should aim to get fitted for the suit at least 4-6 weeks before the wedding, allowing enough time for any alterations that may be needed.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and finding the perfect suit for your sister's wedding!

Advertisement