Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National schools/afterschools in Swords?

Options
  • 07-02-2023 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We're moving to Boroimhe in May and are looking to move my eight year old daughter into a school nearby.

We also need a good afterschool for her, and since we have a 18 month old as well, ideally a creche for her too as we both work full-time.

Recommendations are much appreciated, this has all happened very suddenly so a lot to do before then!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

There's two primary schools locally, Holy Family NS and Rivervalley CNS.

However, only Holy Family is actually located in the area, Rivervalley is in temporary location on Main Street Swords. It's been located there for several years and I'm not sure they've found a permanent site for it yet

Holy Family is Catholic, Rivervalley is non denominational. However parents can opt their kids out of religious education if they want. The kids will still be in the room and can participate in the religious lessons but they don't get the homework or do their communion

For after school there's Fhionns in River valley, Fun Galaxy in Airside and I think Marbles in Boroimhe does after-school as well

For crèches there's Marbles and Tigers. There's also a few ECCE preschools around but I think they only do part time

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

My kids are in Rivervalley CNS and its a great, small school. No word on permanent location but work is ongoing with Department of Ed and Fingal Coco. 1 class per year, about 100 kids in it now and will grow by about 26 a year as new classes start.

The kids that want to make their communion are doing 2 classes per month in the church and will make their communion with the Holy Family kids

Afterschool places are hard to get locally though.

Advertisement