Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I fix this easily

• 07-02-2023 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Wifes Rav 4 got a knock on the rear bumper, should I be able to push this out with a bit of heat? If that doesn't work, where would I find the part number to order a new one? Dealer wants 2K to fix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I reckon that that'd pop out, if you can get at it from the underside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Will give it a go at the weekend, I cant really make it worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭walshtipp

Soften the plastic with some hot water and it should pull out. Won't look like new but it will look a whole lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

To be honest you should really take bumper apart to fix that. It would be mush easier and typically Toyota stuff comes apart easy as they are too tight with amount of screws they use!.

Is there a small hole for parking sensor ? That kink will not fully come out , it will have a crease near reflector I would have thought.

If it’s only the plastic get it from a breaker as I see a few online breaking. Even if you have to pay a few hundred for the rear bumper just to get the plastic piece. Any garage would be able to pop it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Heat gun and that would easily go back to the way it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Love your confidence. Hopefully OP will show his results !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I've done it for a couple of people.

If you make space enough for your hand, it will push out with a bit of heat.

Without heat though you won't budge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭mk7r

It can definitely be made way better with heat and a push but it will never be perfect

Advertisement