Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline Phone blocked Mobiles

Options
  • 07-02-2023 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have an Eir landline phone and a small number of mobiles cannot make a call to me.

Eir have checked the landline phone and Vodafone have checked one of the mobiles in question. No issues have been found with either.

The mobiles which appear to be 'blocked' by the landline were entered on the handset as speed dials at a time. Is it possible that the landline has somehow blocked the numbers although I don't think that there is a block function on this particular handset.

Is there some way of checking or unblocking any numbers that cannot contact me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When the mobiles make the call to the landline what happens, are they hearing it ring on the mobile or instantly engaged or nothing?

Do you have another handset you can try connecting to the landline to see if with that connected what happens? Or is there a factory reset option on the current handset you could try to see if that resolves it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 theshiek

It doesn't ring, it instantly gives an automated voice saying....it is not possible to connect your call. Please try again later.

A message appears on the screen of the mobile saying.....number not valid.

I have tried a different handset, same result.

Advertisement