Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler change? please help

• 07-02-2023 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have one of the two heat resistances of my electric boiler broken, I think that the boiler is already a few years old (I bought the house recently and I don't know how many exactly), I have seen on the internet that with more than 10 years it is recommended to replace it. Has anyone changed their boiler lately to find out at what price everything can go? It is a combi water tank, hot and cold water.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

I'm also currently looking to replace my 17-year old boiler but no luck. Only cowboys who have no idea about my requirements like weather compensation or smart home thermostats etc. are returning to my calls or messages. Plumbers who have good ratings just ignore my messages. I'd wait until summer when plumbers are less busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I went through bord gais and a service they provide called local heroes.

Pricing was comparable with the other quotes I got, guy coming out to replace boiler tomorrow, I will report back how it goes. Happy to share details.

But 10 year guarantee etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

Hi

How was the entire installation process? Are you happy with the device and service you got from local heroes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The service was excellent, it took longer than he said it would as few complications.

But he was there when he said he would and did an excellent tidy job

Advertisement