Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI grant refusal

Options
  • 08-02-2023 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I’m coming to the wider public to try and find a solution here.

I have been refused the SUSI grant despite my parents undergoing divorce, on the basis of my parents residing together.

They live as roommates as my mother, who is my sole support (my father doesn’t contribute to my upkeep) cannot currently pay the mortgage and a new rent, while helping me finish my degree. I am in final year, living non adjacent. If it wasn’t for the fact they share an address (despite paying separate bills) I would be getting the special rate of grant as my own and mothers earnings are low.

I feel crazy that I am being denied this grant when I truly need it, supported by one single parent, working as much as I can to support myself.

Is there anything I can do about this? Any other place to turn to and explain my situation?

Please help me out!

Advertisement