Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2009 Nissan Qasqhai +2 Parts Required for failed NCT

• 08-02-2023 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend's car failed the NCT and I know that some of the parts are going to be quite pricey. I've a mate who works for one of the main online sellers and he can get me them once I know the part number etc. My mechanic in my garage is happy for me to go this route as he said it's the same place they order them in from pretty much and if I can save fire ahead.

I didnt want to be cheeky and ask him for the part numbers but I'm at a bit of a loss as the NCT descriptions seem to use terms that aren't exactly transferrable to parts you can search for online for example.

I've attached a copy if anyone can let me know the exact parts needed that would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mk7r

The rear wishbones are a very common failure and pretty expensive (€350 each) get new bolts too. It's probably better to let the mechanic get the parts s if they are wrong then who pays for the time wasted?? He can also inspect the car to ensure only the correct parts are ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

I'll probably go with this approach to be fair. Probably not worth the sake of trying to save 100 or so when it's this expensive anyway. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is front fog lights a fail ?,( defective lens), alot cars dont have front fog lights anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mk7r

If they are there then they must work and the lens must be intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Rear fog light middle? Surely that's the centre brake light? You need front steering parts too. Going to be an expensive job if both those rear arms need replacing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement