Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to build new pc

Options
  • 08-02-2023 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Hi All! It's been a long time since I've built one as you can see by the below specs. This PC served me well but now it would not start. Powers up for a sec and then cuts out. I used to know all about components but have not followed new development for years so I need your help, thank you in advance.

Current PC

CPU :Intel Core i7 3770 

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Corsair Vengeance (2 x 8)

PSU: Corsair CX430 430Watt

Motherboard: ASRock B75 Pro3 

Graphics: Nvidia 1660 Super

Case: Cooler Master Silencio Midi-Tower

1. What is your budget? €1000-ish Would really like to try to keep spending to a minimum and reuse what can be reused. GPU's are ridiculously expensive at the moment. So, for now, i think keeping my GPU and Case if possible would be a way to reduce cost until I'm able to upgrade GPU. But if you have good argument against this option I'm open 

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/Photo editing. Dying Light 2, God of War, Death Stranding (no competitive online games) 

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I think Case and GPU . Case: Cooler Master Silencio Midi-Tower, GPU : Nvidia 1660 Super

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need? none

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No. I've heard it introduces instability to the whole system

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? in the next 30 days 

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [North Dublin City.] dont need help

Comments

Advertisement