Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I got Isopropyl Alcohol in my laptop screen

Options
  • 08-02-2023 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

To keep a long story short, I got gunk inside my laptop and disassembled to clean it out. I poured a little isopropyl alcohol into the laptop chassis to help with the cleaning but, unfortunately some managed to make its way into the screen of the laptop and has left a stain on it. When I press down on it with my finger, there is no movement of the stain or anything so I fear that the damage may be permanent. Any advice on how to eliminate or reduce the stain?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it dont look good

i see this on zdnet

• The isopropyl alcohol can seep between the layers of the display, completely ruining it and requiring the device to have a replacement screen fitted
    • The isopropyl alcohol can leach into the seals and damage the adhesive holding the display in place and compromise the waterproofing

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Ya I saw that but I feel like it's a tad of an exaggeration. I reckon at this point it likely won't get much worse but definitely won't get any better. Still very usable though so tis grand, one of the more frustrating lessons in life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if you can manage without it its not 2 bad

you can switch to windowed if needed or use external monitor 2 but if you could get a cheap replacement part on ebay, or elsewhere . thats if the laptop is worth upgrading

Advertisement