Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living/working in Carlow looking to buy a house in Belfast

Options
  • 09-02-2023 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey so I'm living and working in Carlow but I'm looking to get a first time buy mortgage for a house in Belfast, I have 32k saved for a deposit. Looking to buy a house under 130k.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? I've spoken to a few mortgage brokers and I think Halifax accept euros. I work 4 on 4 off so I'd like to continue to work in Carlow but head up to Belfast on my days off until securing another job in Belfast and I'd probably rent out one of the rooms.

I can't find much information online so I'm wondering does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

I'm mulling going north myself but will be a cash buyer. I looked a the room rental scheme too ...seems same more or less as here although at a much lower threshold. Currently calculating pro and cons. LPT three times higher there although you get more in return by way of services. Was looking at Dunmurry area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

As someone who works in Halifax/Lloyds mortgages......

criteria are:

you need a UK address.

you must be paid in sterling into a UK account.

so..... sorry, we wouldn't be able to lend in your circs. Talk to brokers (in the North)

Advertisement