Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre reliability

Options
  • 09-02-2023 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I've had Eir Fibre 500mb installed since Tuesday. All was good and was switching devices over. This evening at an inopportune time as I WFH, the connection went down. I didnt investigate much but reset both the router and the fibre termination box.

Back online then. This is quite worrying as have had very rare issues with Virgin Media. A long time ago when I had dsl from eircom it was always very reliable.

Anyone experienced similar issues? I'm based in Maynooth.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Also in Maynooth and had Eir Fibre 500mb installed much the same time. I've not had any issues and seems reliable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah so far its a once off. Seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I was with Eircom ftth 1000mb for 3 years before I moved to a Siro area. No major issues other than when a farmer split the fibre 3 miles away and it took 2 weeks to repair it or when KN damage my connection to the DP installing another customers fibre. You do get the odd server downtime but 99.9% of the time it just works.

Advertisement