Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I was out for a ride and two knobs cycling 2 abreast on a narrow road had the traffic backed up for about a km coming the opposite way.

The traffic was also backed up on my side so I cycled along the footpath. What did I pass but another 2 knobs cycling 2 abreast who were causing the tailback. This was as i was passing a train station. People getting off the train couldnt cross the road for ages.

And all that had to happen to solve all that was for one knob to tuck in behind the other one for a while.

Idiots give other cyclists a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

technological advances are leaving certain people behind, this is particularly evident in older generations, you may end up in this situation yourself, so just be mindful of this problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭WheelieKing

I am the older generation, im talking about all types of people of all age groups. Lodging a cheque is hardly mensa level stuff.

well good for you, for being able to deal with these advances, but again, not all can do so, we re not all the same, we dont all have the same abilities, tech completely flabbergasts some....

edit: im reasonably tech savvy myself, but since i have sensory processing disorder and dyslexia, very bright, noisy areas can be very overwhelming, banks can be excessively bright at times, this can cause the whole experience to be very stressful, then add in the dyslexia....., i.e. you ve no idea what other people are experiencing in those environments..

Post edited by Wanderer78 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'd say a lot of 20-year-olds would have problems lodging a cheque.

"What is a cheque? Do I take a photo of it and upload to Revolut?". 😵😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Theres a great video on youtube of a couple of kids trying to figure out how to make a phonecall on an old dialler phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Tossers who wear neck cushions on a two hour flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

They’re dangerous especially in summer/ silage time. 16 yo’s who think they can handle tractors at speed. Grand they can go at speed but as for stopping and watching for other road users they’re a danger . I had a narrow escape , on a straight bit of road , a couple of years ago where a young fella with a full trailer of grass decided he’d just turn onto a junction at speed . He got some fcuking out of it after I checked the 2 children i had were ok 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭fluke

Glad you and yours escaped unscathed, but yeah I've come across the latest driving generation behind the John Deere's etc. and if they're not bombing it, they're text driving on the N7 to Dublin (the latter I came across a couple of weekends ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s funny how in every other mode of transport you need to pass driving tests . But for tractors all you need is a permit . That was fine before the huge tractors and 50 K gearboxes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mundy fans

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Again as pointed out before on this thread , you don't know if that person has a neck injury or problem which necessitates it so they can actually sit, for 2 hours on a plane .

Okay, Tossers with neck injuries who wear neck cushions on a two hour flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

When they walk around with them on , that gets me have to admit .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Younger people who speak Irish, as they are convinced it's trendy. Even worse if they're a self-proclaimed "Gaeilgeoir". It gives me goosebumps.

Maybe they just like to be ag caint as gaeilge?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,435 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Growing a dislike for the Singer 'Annemarie'

Good looking girl no doubt but all this trying to be common (wearing oversized normal clothes etc) is irritating. Yeah I'd say the bank balance is normal too me swiss

• Registered Users Posts: 30,544 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

On a train:

Neck cushion on.

If a bloke - with no socks.

Speaking Irish.

Loudly into a phone.

Tosser hell.

:)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Who de fooherke is Tony Montana?

Anything to #16?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Tell me why I don't like Mundy

Tell me why I don't like Mundy

Tell me why, I don't like, I don't like...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People like the tosser who was driving one of those Ford "I've got a small dick" Raptors who decided that just driving into the lane instead of waiting to be allowed in from a T-Junction, while holding his arm up as if to tell me I'm the one to stop, then gets thick when I don't stop and refuse to let him join and call him out on his shockingly bad driving. Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Spatches who walk around crowded airport lounges with Everest sized backpacks !

Was in DAP duty free recently and one of these tossers cleared an entire of shelf of deodorant while attempting a three point turn.

They block the aisles and make navigation very difficult...it's going to be very hard to stop myself from giving the next one I see a good shoeing !

Grrr ! Tossers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Springsteen wrote Racing in the streets, Thunder Road before he could even drive.

The read like they are written by a tearaway rev head rather than an arty boy who couldn't get on with his father.

As he said himself "it's quite the trick".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

There is a disproportionately large amount of dangerous BMW (in particular) and Audi drivers.

I rarely see cars stopped by guards but One day I saw 2 BMWs getting a ticket from a Garda within 2 hours in the same area.

Not a day goes by when I’m on the road and there isn’t at least one of these cars being driven by a massive cnt who shouldn’t be on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Those with their social media profiles emblazoned by leftist banners, BLM, anti racist , trans women are women etc

barely an ounce of life experience and despite sometimes being forty , still thinking like a first year social studies student

• Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have to concur with Mundy fans….he’s a hick 49 year old busker from Leitrim, not a note in his head, who dresses like an 18 year old GAA fan from some rural town circa 1995…. And this lot go on about him like he’s almost the Leonard Cohen of Ireland..or some equivalently talented and sophisticated being….

Completely unaware of there surroundings, don’t bother their hole removing them while queuing to board an aircraft & then swinging them profusely trying to fit them in the overhead bin all the while maiming seated passengers within a 3 metre radius around them, Fuppin Tossers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Scones who won’t use the self service units in Supermarkets.. insist in queuing for the customer service desk, big full moon faces on the kernts and not averse to shanking up the young wans behind the desk.

Fuhherking tossers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Those self service units are a creation of Lucifer himself

Advertisement