Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭boardise

Same as most adults would be unable to equip a horse to pull a trap. Skills and techniques inevitably fall into desuetude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Bugmen from-home solicitors sustained by brasileroo drivers whose leave to remain they’re probably dining on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I was laughing at the revived Blankety Blank giving the same old prize of the metal chequebook and pen, to the generation of competitors that never had a chequebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

As soon as i read your post this evening. This accident happened in Co. Mayo last night. It took the life of a 13 year old boy.

What a tragedy.

As I do not know all the details about this crash as of yet. If any young lad out there want to drive these huge machines in future. They need to have a huge rethink about how to drive them while out on various roads in rural Ireland in the near future.

If the parent and child have a talk about it between themselves in their homes. It should be done now as a matter of priority to avoid more loss of life as this story is going out on the news wires tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭fluke

Sadly I saw this on the news tonight and did think of that post. Poor chap. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Malbac

Danny Dyer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

People trying to impress by wearing Canada Goose jackets during hot summer days, complete tossers!!

😁🤣😆😀

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Not to mention the Shush, Shush from his friends who want everyone else to stop their conversations so he can "entertain" everyone at the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Grown men with baseball caps backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who wear designer clothes with huge writing on it, like "Boss" taking up the whole of the front of your jumper.

Try hards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

People(customers) who answer a call whilst dealing with them and try to have a divided attention conversation. Fair enough answer the call but tell them you will ring back in a minute if it’s THAT important. Special shout out to those that answer the call without even giving you eye contact or a wink wink I need to answer this for a second. They literally go from a conversation with you straight into a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

What if they’re trying to keep their neck protected from the sun?

Re: the opening post and Irish names, a lot do it so they can't be found on social media. I even have an English friend who does it.

Forced Irishness annoys me. There's a distinct Irish craic and use of the language that you either have or you don't, and I don't have it. I just want to sit down and have a chat over some beers. Same with some Irish people I know living abroad who just have to make sure everyone knows they are thoroughbred Irish, like their nationality is a huge part of their entire persona. It's like there's an LGBTI and they just have to make their identity around the I.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I was thinking that. I wear baseball caps because I'm bald and it's mainly to protect my skin. I don't wear them backwards but if I was doing gardening or something where my neck would be constantly exposed I would probably do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,544 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where is this plague of men wearing baseball caps backwards in Ireland??? I can't remember the last time I spotted that.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I doubt many baseball caps have peaks long enough to protect your neck unless you positioned it perfectly and then didn't move an inch.

always use suncream

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who instead of going to the long queue with a shopping trolley, stuff as many items as humanly possible into their shopping basket and join the short queue, usually reserved for those who only have a few items that they want to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Tossers who go around the bakery area of a supermarket squeezing unwrapped fresh bread with their snot laden fingers !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Men with facial hair who constantly run their hands over it, in the same vain women do with their hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

I hate airports with a passion.

It's not the flight, it's because there is something about air travel that brings the moron out in people. The people who can't figure out how the scan a bar code right through to the people who can't figure out the difference between the front and the back door of the plane. Don't mention the security checks. It's usually people that fly regularly that cause the greatest issues. The people with a bag full of make up and liquids that they shouldn't have.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 30,544 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Dont forget all the grumpy Dublin airport staff, they should get another job if they hate it so much. such a bad impression to foreign visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

You'd be grumpy if your on shift work/weekends and bank holidays for €15 per hour!!

Middle-aged men with a big belly wearing a Manchester United jersey. Often seen at Dublin Airport drinking a pint at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Get another job if you have a problem with that, compadre.

Looks like customer service and the travel industry is not your bag.

DeLz are hiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

Id say theyre grumpy because of all the tossers and w@nkers going through the place at weekends and bank holidays

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Just a step away from full kit wa%#ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Could have sommit there shaft, country is ‘struggling’ yet the fooohking DA carparks are jammed.

Lads h’away on the skite and back for the giro of a Tuesday.

Could build up a balloon of bile in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Great shout, Doc. Should see a few more of them about now that they are back in the Champion’s League. They had been incredibly scarce for a long time.

My main “concern” is what happens to the League of Ireland attendances if they start winning premierships or Champion’s Leagues.

They got a massive boost, Rovers and Bohs in particular, with their United’s terrible form over the last few years. Up to this year with the FA cup and a top 4 finish the best “result” United fans had was Liverpool losing 3 nil to Barcelona in that first leg.

The fickle ex-United “fans” who threw those jerseys into the back of the wardrobe and claimed to only LoI because it’s purer won’t be slow in digging them back out and stretching them over their protruding guts to start shouting at the tv on the pub again.

Hopefully that won’t happen and the League of Ireland will continue to “grow” but you’d have to worry. A very fickle bunch.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement